Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I need a memory course...


...or maybe a brain transplant. Last week when we had baptisms one of my greatest fears...besides drowning someone...was that I would call them by the wrong name. As many of you know(especially if I call you by the wrong name) I have about zero memory...especially for names.

Well things were going along pretty well until I completely blanked out on someone's name...someone I knew really pretty well...someone who had spent 15 hours at the relay for life so I had talked to her lots...I just completely blanked on her name. I thought I could be "cool" so I leaned over to my wife Michele and asked her "Quick..what's her name???" "Michelle...her name is Michelle!" was the answer. The worst part is that I thought no one knew...turns out I'm not that "slick" and "newly baptized Michelle" heard the whole conversation. yeeesh! I am so embarrassed...