Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Recap: Summer at the Shore

Today was the final week of the Summer at the Shore series. I talked about what you can expect if you become a follower of Jesus. (John 21) Final week of the Series...final week for Clean Slate...
Here's the highlights...

  • Awesome set from Clean Slate. I had them do five songs today. They started off with "Calm before the Storm" a Staind Cover "Everything Changes" "Open your eyes" and then a Seether cover "Rise above the this" They closed out the day with "Believe". We are really gonna miss them. I invited Dave and Chris to play when they get their new project together... I hope they will.
  • This was a very complex morning...lots going on. Five Songs...two videos...and Josiah was on vacation. Everything went great...thanks Rob for a great fill-in job on video.

  • Lot's of the normal "crew" on vacation...thanks to everyone who came to help set up...and tear down. We were actually up and running as early as we have ever been finished. I am really happy with how much "depth" we are getting in our volunteer base.

  • Great crowd again...even with so many people gone on vacation. June has probably been our best month yet for attendance...go figure. actionchurch folks have never heard of the "summer slump"

  • I am looking forward to starting the new "at the movies" series...I don't know that I will do another "5-week" series any time soon...I have about "zero" attention span.

  • I probably talked about more personal "experience with Jesus" stuff than I have...but I want our people to know that I am on the "journey" with them...I'm certainly not "there".

  • Thanks to everyone that continues to invite your friends, invest your cash, and be involved at actionchurch...you are the reason we are able to do what we do!