Monday, June 16, 2008

Storms in "Real Life"...

I preached on Sunday that "storms happen"... no matter who you are. This morning I got a call that I thought would be a joyous one. Even though Josh and Dwan were actually there at church yesterday I knew that today was the day they were planning to induce labor. When Josh called I was expecting him to announce the birth of their new daughter...instead he told me that the doctors could no longer find a heartbeat...that their daughter would be still born.

Michele and I were able to spend a few minutes with them today in the labor room. I wish I could say we had great words of comfort or wisdom to share...we just shared our broken heart and our prayers for them.

If you know Josh and Dwan, please let them know they are loved, supported, and prayed for... If you don't, maybe we could send up prayers and sympathies for their loss in the comment section and I can send them a link later.

I don't claim for a moment to understand or speak for God but our heart breaks for this couple...
I heard this song on the way to the hospital and it seemed to say it pretty well...