Monday, June 2, 2008

"Search Party"

I was reading the parable of the "Chick who lost her coin" today and it gave me a whole new "meaning" for the term "Search Party". Check it out...

8 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Won’t she light a lamp and sweep the entire house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she will call in her friends and neighbors and say, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.” Luke 15:8-10 (nlt)

That's what I want actionchurch to be like (especially at our upcoming baptisms on June 22nd). I don't want to be a "cool church", an "alternative church" or a "happening church" for the "already convinced"...I want to be part of a church that "lets our lights shine" and "sweeps the entire county" for those who are "lost" and separated from God. I want to be part of a church that is relentless and never gives up 'til "all are found"! I also want to be part of a church that calls our friends and neighbors and parties like crazy every week over the fact that people are being "found" and starting new lives! Let the "Search party" begin...