Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Michele!

My wife Michele is turning 40 today. There won't be any black balloons or "over the hill" jokes around our house because I'm almost there myself. I was thinking though, that I have spent almost twenty of those years with her! I just realized that, (although this won't get me a job writing cards for Hallmark) after all these years she's still a "mystery" to me...

I still don't understand how:

She can shop with Reagan like the Gilmore Girls, and still save money like Dave Ramsey. If you want to "live long and prosper" don't get between Michele and a stack of coupons or a clearance sale.


She can work out every day like a pro athlete, and still bake and clean like Betty Crocker. True story, Michele wore a hole in the running surface (belt) of our last treadmill...



She can look like a "desperate housewife", and pray like Joyce Meyer. Note to self: Triple check the previous sentence. If you get those references backwards it could paint a very different picture... That could turn out very badly.

She is a great mother to both a 23 year old son, and a 3 year old daughter...but wait there's more, she's still way more "hot mama" than "mother hen"!

Happy birthday baby! If we are blessed with another 40 years together I probably won't be able to figure you out...But I sure look forward to trying.